St. Vincent De Paul
Founded in Paris in 1833, the St. Vincent de Paul Society was first established in the United States in downtown St. Louis, Missouri in 1845. From this organizational meeting of local Catholic businessmen and clergy, the Society is now actively serving the poor in 4,500 U.S. communities nationwide through about 100,000 Vincentian members.
The Mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is “a network of friends, inspired by Gospel values, growing in holiness and building a more just world through personal relationships with and service to people in need.” Volunteerism, therefore, is the heart of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul and our work helping neighbors in need.
• St. Vincent de Paul Hours of Operation: Mon-Thurs from 10 am-2 pm
• Phones will be answered during that time ONLY.
• Food Pantry phone is (936) 539-1188.
• Everyone MUST call (936) 539-1188 to request food, clothing, and financial help.
• For general questions about financial assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• For all other questions, email email@example.com
Drive-Thru Food Distribution
- Drive-Thru Food Distribution only occurs each Wednesday, from 9 am-12 noon
Our job is very interesting and diverse. Our clients come in with different needs. Some have told us their clothes have been stolen, some have no jobs, and some do not even have heat in their homes. Working here tells us that God gives everyone the ability for a particular service.
- The Clothes Closet is open Mon-Thurs from 10 am-2 pm and Saturdays 9-12.
- Clothing donations are being accepted by appointment only, please call (936) 539-1188.
- PLEASE do not leave donations of any kind on the front porch. All items left on the front porch will be taken to the dumpster.
Volunteerism is the heart of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul and of our work helping neighbors in need. Our local group of volunteers operates a food pantry, Clothes Closet, provides financial assistance with rent/utilities/prescription medications, utility, housing costs, prepares and serves hot meals, and supports the needy in our area through home visits. This is all done with the generous support of the community in both money and donated food and clothing.
Monday-Thursday from 10 am – 2 pm
(Bilingual skills a plus but not required)
Tuesday 11:45 am to 2 pm- 10-15 volunteers to make bags of groceries for food distribution for following day
Wednesday 6 am food bank truck delivery – 6-8 volunteers to help unload and sort pallets
Wednesday 6 am – 2-3 volunteers put out cones, tape, tables, etc. to get ready for food distribution
Wednesday 8 am – 10-12 volunteers for various needs before food distribution begins at 9
Wednesday 9 am-12 noon – many different positions:
- 2-4 volunteers to check Friends in Need (FINs) in at front of car line – use of walkie-talkie
- 2 volunteers to check computer when FIN is radioed in to give # of bags and eligibility
- 2 volunteers to direct traffic
- 3-4 volunteers to update existing applications as needed and fill out new applications
- 8-10 volunteers to stock carts to move out to driveway and to prepare new bags as needed
- 4-6 volunteers to load cars
- 2-3 volunteers for computer input
These volunteers (prefer 2 per day) greet FINs at the front door and help them with transient bags or sign them in for interviews or the clothes closet
Food Pick-up and packaging Volunteers:
Daily 9 am-11 am and 9 pm-10 pm
Approximately 12 volunteers to pick up food (Kroger and Panera) and around 6 to package what has been brought in
Phone and Filing:
3-4 volunteers Mon-Thurs to answer phones and file applications from 10 am-2 pm
3-4 Volunteers Mon-Thurs to interview FINs to pay bills as requested- many hours of training involved
Several volunteers each day – some to sort clothing and others to assist our FINs while they are shopping
Varying days and times – need FINs information added to computer database for reporting to the food bank and to the downtown SVDP office
This group of volunteers gather, cook, and serve food each Wednesday at the Salvation Army
All applications are now completed online. For information and the link, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application, completion of CMG Connect training, as well as a background check, are required.
Located at 145 Madeley St, Conroe, TX 77301
Seek and You Shall Find
For more information on how to showcase your business and sponsor this site, please send us an email.
Only 6 2 spots available, first come first served! One sponsor per industry.