– John 6:51-52
Catechesis for children seeks to strengthen their awareness of the Father’s love, of the call to participate in Christ’s sacrifice, and of the gift of the Spirit.
Children should be taught that the Holy Eucharist is the real Body And Blood of Christ, and what appears to be bread and wine is actually His Living Body.
Catechesis for the Sacrament of First Holy Communion is conducted separately from introductory catechesis for the Sacrament of Reconciliation since each sacrament deserves its own concentrated preparation. (NCD # 122)
We recognize that parents are the primary educators of their children; thus, they are enabled in our family process to educate their children in the preparation for the reception of First Holy Eucharist. Children preparing to receive the Sacrament of Eucharist must have a minimum of 1 year previous religious education in a CCE or day school program and must be currently enrolled and actively participating in a CCE or day school. Preparation for First Reconciliation must precede preparation for First Holy Communion.
First Confession and First Communion
Adults who have been baptized but not catechized and have not received the sacraments of Reconciliation and Communion need to prepare to receive the Sacraments by attending the RCIA process which meets every Sunday from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. until the time they are ready to receive the sacraments.
Those adults interested in receiving the sacraments need to schedule an appointment with the parish office
First Reconciliation and First Communion preparation is open to all baptized youth, second grade or older, who meets the following program requirements:
- Family must be registered members of Sacred Heart Parish. If not registered members of Sacred Heart, the parents must provide a letter from the pastor of the parish in which they are registered, granting permission for the child to prepare and to celebrate the sacraments at Sacred Heart. Permission must also be granted by pastor if register at Sacred Heart but requesting the celebration at another Catholic Church.
- The parents must provide an original copy of the child’s Baptism Certificate by declared deadline. If not baptized catholic, child will make a “Profession of Faith”.
- The parents must provide and original copy of the child’s Birth Certificate by declared deadline.
- The child must have a minimum of one year of previous religious education in the parish faith formation program (CCE) or catholic school with no more than three absences.
- The child must be enrolled and actively participating in the current year of religious education in the parish religious education program (CCE) or catholic school with no more than three absences. If your child attends Sat. CCE, they are allowed only one absence.
- The family must attend Sunday Mass regularly.
- The child and their parents must attend ALL sacrament preparation sessions.
- Upon completion of all required preparation sessions, the child will participate in an interview to evaluate the child’s readiness to receive the sacraments.
The Pastor, Sacramental Preparation Coordinator, and the parents together determine the child’s readiness, both catechetical and spiritual, to receive the sacraments.
Our Church database is an online system calledConnect Now.This system allows parishioners to create an account to view and change the personal information that the church has on file for your family. Connect Now helps us have the most current information in our records and it allows you to see your information, giving history, and even upload a photo.
Families will need to create an account on Connect Now. After you’ve established your account, you will be able to register for the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist. Access to this system must be verified by our church office before you can log on to view your information. You will receive an email once your account is ready.
To create an account and access your family’s information, please gohere.When using a mobile device, please click “Full Site” at the bottom of the screen. If you continue to have trouble, try using a desktop/laptop or call the church office at936-521-3711.If you are having trouble creating a new account, you can view thisvideo.
The Sacrament of the Most Holy Eucharist
“Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.'” – John 6:35
“Are you seeking to rediscover your friendship with Jesus? Haven’t been to Mass in a while and wondering where to start? Start by getting to know Jesus again through prayer. It doesn’t matter how long its been since you have been to Mass. You are always invited to encounter Jesus in the Mass. ” – USCCB
You can also explore additional resources on theUSCCB’swebsite.
Seek and You Shall Find
Monday - Friday
English (with Lauds)
Tuesday and Thursday
English (School Mass)
Bilingual (English & Spanish)
For more information on how to showcase your business and sponsor this site, please send us an email.
Only 6 2 spots available, first come first served! One sponsor per industry.